Roasted Vegetable Pasta
2 – large eggplants
6 – tomatoes
1 – Spanish onion
5 – cloves of garlic
2/3 cup – extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp – freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp – salt
450g – cooked white kidney beans
1 – large lemon
1/2 cup – fresh thyme
1 cup – freshly grated Romano cheese
450g – whole wheat fusilli pasta
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Cut eggplants, tomatoes, onion, and garlic into large bite size pieces.
3. Spread evenly on a large roasting pan. Coat with extra virgin olive oil, pepper, and salt.
4. Roast vegetables for approximately 20-40 minutes. Stir periodically.
5. Turn oven off. Place roasting pan on a cooling rack.
6. Drain and rinse white kidney beans. Sprinkle white kidney beans, fresh thyme, and lemon rind over roasted vegetables.
7. Cook and drain pasta. Place pasta pot on a hot plate. Return pasta to the pot.
8. Add all ingredients from the roasting pan, Romano cheese and lemon juice to taste.
9. Stir ingredients well and serve.
Posted on June, 2011, in Pasta, Roasting, Vegetables and tagged cheese, eggplant, extra virgin oilive oil, fusilli, garlic, lemon, lemon rind, onion, pasta, peper, roasted, Romano, salt, simple. easy, thyme, tomatoes, vegetables, white kidney beans, whole wheat pasta. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.